High quality research for optimal health
Improving Health Outcomes for People (IHOP) through high quality research
- Commitment to conduct high quality research that addresses peoples’ individual needs
- Community engagement by listening to what is needed and doing research important to individuals that will ultimately lead to a community/public health benefit
- Care for the factors and circumstances which impact peoples’ health
- Communication with internal and external stakeholders, especially consumers and research participants
- Collaborations of high quality that lead to optimal national and international impact
About our Logo
So why the frog….The frog undergoes fascinating transitions throughout its life, spends time in various environments (land and water) representing duality of the soul and symbolises creativity, luck, cleansing and forward thinking. We think the ‘frog’ nicely reflects the type of work we do and the changes in the lives of people we study.
Studying with ihop
Opportunities exist for talented and aspiring postgraduate students to work with the leaders of the ihop research group. The ihop team has established a dynamic program of research in cancer prevention, early detection and survivorship that includes several postgraduate (PhD and Masters) students, post-doctoral fellows, as well as early and mid-career Research Fellows. Opportunities also exist for building links with national and international researchers who are involved in similar research.
Please feel free to contact the ihop group (via the contact page) to discuss ways in which you may develop a suitably scoped higher research degree project that may be integrated into our research areas.
Below are a number of previous students ihop thesis topics.
Masters by Research
Screening for melanoma: Patient acceptance of patient-initiated and performed mobile teledermoscopy